1. e-Content development under the NME-ICT
The Centre completed the following number of e-Contents under Phase-II
shown against each subject:
- B.Sc Hon’s Bio-Medical Science - 179
- B.A Hon’s Urdu - 131
- B.A L.L.B Law - 100
- B.A Hon’s Education - 64
- B.Sc Hon’s Food Technology - 14
a. One of Centre’s film won two awards. The documentary on environment titled “Don’t Burn Leaves” produced by Er. Abdul Rashid won special jury award with a cash prize of Rs.25,000/- at Indian
International Science Film Festival (IISF) 2016 at NPL New Delhi from 08-11 December 2016. The same film won Bronze Beaver Award with a cash prize of Rs.40,000/- in National Science Film Festival in February 2017.
3. Dr. Salima Jan has been awarded a research project entitled ICTs and Digital Divide, Social Inclusion and Social Exclusion: A Study of North Indian Universities and Colleges” by Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR), New Delhi to the tune of Rs.5.0 lacs.
4. The Centre has got a consultancy project from State Department of Sericulture, Govt. of J&K to the tune of Rs.5,88,000/- for making two documentaries on Sericulture Development in J&K. The Centre received an amount of Rs.2,94,000/- as advance from the Sericulture Department and the production for the documentaries has been taken up.
5. The Centre conducted 15-Day Course on “Digital Photography” from 17 May 2017 for the students of Directorate of Lifelong Learning (DLL), University of Kashmir. 30 students participated in the workshop.
6. SWAYAMPRABHA DTH Channel launched
The SWAYAMPRABHA has been conceived by Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) as the project for using the (2) GSAT-15 transponders to run (32) DTH channels that would telecast high quality educational programmes on 24x7 basis.
Under the Swayam Prabha project and under the aegis of UGC/CEC, EMMRC, University of Kashmir has been allotted one DTH Channel entitled Life Science Channel. The subjects that are covered in this Channel are Zoology, Life Science, Bio- Informatics, Microbiology, Botany and Bio-Medical Science. The channel has already started from 15 August 2016. The channel can be viewed on Free Dish Channel No.133 and also on Dish TV 2009.
7. MOOCs developed
MOOCs developed in Genetics. Massive Open Online Course (MOOCs) is an e-learning initiative by Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) for imparting e-education. For this purpose, the Government of India has developed SWAYAM portal. Under this project, various institutions of the Country have been asked to develop MOOC courses in various subjects. EMMRC, University of Kashmir is one among these institutions and the Centre has already developed one MOOC on Genetics – a 4-Credit course for undergraduates. The Course Coordinator is\ Dr. Manzoor A. Shah, Associate Professor, Department of Botany, University of Kashmir and the Producer of the MOOC is Mr. Shafqut Habib, Producer EMMRC. After submitting one MOOC on Genetics, the Centre was allotted 12 more MOOCS.